Monday 14 May 2007

Party at Geoff's

Yesterday I got a call from Huwy. He has been a friend of mine here for a few years now and recently moved to my housing estate so he is also a neighbour. He told me we had been invited to a party at Geoff's house.

Geoff is a millionnaire. His parties involve as much free beer as you can drink. He has a nice house with swimming pool and maids to serve the drinks. So generally his parties are a good thing but it is certain that you end up staggering drunk.

I decided to play football in Patong first. It was an okay game. There are a load of French guys playing at the moment and because no-one else wants to play with them we put them all on the same side. We beat them 5-3.

Then I went to Geoff's party. It was only a small affair with a few guests. San Miguel Light is my current beer of choice. I am not a big fan of any of the beers in Thailand but you have to drink something and San Miguel Light is easy to knock back so I waded in with gusto.

Yesterday was also the last day of the English football season so we watched that while supping Geoff's beer. Spurs got a 2-1 win against Man City which guaranteed us european football next year and had the added bonus of gaining us fifth place again.

So I woke up this morning with a stunning hangover and vague memories of getting home. But what joy when I opened the fridge - a great big cornish pasty was waiting me. I remembered I had cadged it from Geoff the night before.

No comments: