Saturday 5 May 2007

My First Post

My first ever blog!

Where do I start. Well this blog will mostly be for me. I sometimes wish I had kept a diary - it would just be nice to be able to look back and be reminded of things I have long forgotten. Well never too late to start and a blog seems the perfect way to do it. Just my own little diary but open to the world.

So I will start with an introduction. My name is Jim. I am English but I live in Phuket, Thailand. I have a wife (Pon), two children (Ben and Jenny) and two step children (Chem and Boo). It is a good life. A great place to live and a lovely family.

I am a computer programmer. My work is based in England but I have the good fortune that I can do most of it over the internet so I can base myself in this beautiful part of the world. Living here is much cheaper than in England so I don't even have to work full time. So I have plenty of time for trips to the beach or travelling around this fantastic country.

I really do like Thailand. It is a great place to live. So much to do and see and so different. While the country is beautiful, it is the people who really make it. They are eccentric, strange, sometimes frustrating but almost always fun.

So there it is. I have started my blog.

No comments: