Saturday 19 May 2007

It's my Birthday

Yesterday was a great day. I did my computer work in the morning. In the afternoon we picked Ben up from School and went to the Gym. Pon and I exercised while Ben and Jenny messed around in the playroom. After that we went for a walk around Tesco Lotus before going to Oishi in Index Living Mall.

Oishi is a Japanese restaurant that does a buffet for 370 baht a person. You can eat as much sushi and other Japanese food as you can. It is an excellent spread. We found yesterday that they have added a kids play area to the restaurant. This is a massive selling point for parents. Any restaurant that provides the kids somewhere to play is likely to get some patronage from us. A chance to eat your food in peace is an absolute joy.

We ate until we could eat no more and then went for a stroll around Index to walk it off. Ben and Jenny were in great form and ran around laughing and playing. It is great to see them so happy.

We went home tired but happy and put on a movie. Ben loves boats so when he saw The Poseidon at the video shop he insisted on getting it. No school tomorrow so we let Ben and Jenny watch the movie until they fell asleep in our arms. Perfect.

Today is my birthday and would you believe it, I woke up with a dreadful headache. I seem to have a cold. Typical. Pon was going to organise a little BBQ for my birthday with a few friends. The way I feel right now I would happily skip it but Pon has already gone shopping. Hopefully I can shake it off enough by this evening that I can enjoy the do.

No comments: