Tuesday 19 June 2007

Raining

It has been pouring down the last couple of days so I have had a good chance to look at our leaking roof. The problem is the angle is just not steep enough. There are only about seven leaks but they add up to a lot of water. The water is not sliding down the roof fast enough and on a few of the tiles the angle is so shallow that the water backs up between the tiles and starts dripping through.

It's a tricky one. To increase the angle of the roof is a major job and a lot of money. I am still looking for some kind of bodge solution. Yesterday I tried blocking up one of the leaks with silicone. It has reduced what was a very fast leak to a very slow leak so I guess that is some kind of success. I think I can see where the slow leak is coming from so I will try some more bodging today. If that doesn't work my next plan it to get the builders back in to relay the roof tiles with an extra row of tiles (each tile is about a meter long) so that the overlay is greater and the water has further to back up.

Last night Pon and I went out to watch a movie. It was a Thai comedy - lots of childish slapstick which the Thais absolutely love. Afterwards we went for a meal. There was a storm raging and the water was flowing along the roads in rivers. We tried a new karaoke bar but it didn't look very inviting so we end up at a restaurant on the road to Bang Wad Dam. It was nice with live music, good service and decent food. I love being in a bar when there is a storm raging outside.

No comments: