Thursday 21 June 2007

Pon's Birthday

Yesterday was Pon's birthday. We had a party. It was good fun. The usual routine with lots of beer, Thai whisky and food. We did it inside as it has been raining a lot over the last couple of days. Everybody got thoroughly hammered and in traditional Thai style we got the karaoke mic out. We managed to make so much noise that the neigbours called the police. I think I was probably the worst culprit.

Woke up this morning with another hangover and struggled to run Ben into school half an hour late. Then I fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until the afternoon. I feel better now.

Before the party I spent some time working on our interminable leaking roof. I bunged up the gaps between the leaking tiles with silicone. I think it looks promising but I will have to wait for the next heavy rainfall to be sure and typically the weather has changed for the good.

No comments: