Wednesday 6 June 2007

Offline Again

I have been offline again. This time it was the computer. The fan went. Such a small thing but as much as I searched the computer shops of Phuket, I could not find a compatible replacement. So for the sake of a part that would cost about 500 baht to replace I had to replace the whole computer. Well not the whole computer - I bought a new box, motherboard, disc drive, etc. I am now going through the tedious chore of moving the DVD writer and hard discs from my old computer to the new one. I have to re-install all my software, etc, etc. Probably a good couple of days work.

Still I am back online.

And while I have been away not much has happened. It looks like my fever last week was actually Dengue Fever. Huwy's little stepdaughter Fern has been diagnosed with the same thing. Well that is bad news because once you have Dengue Fever once it means if you get a it again the next time can be much worse. The body's immune system can react badly to different strains of the disease and that can lead to Haemmoregic Dengue Fever.

It was Huwy's birthday last night so we went round his house for a few beers. Other than that I have played a bit of football and been down the gym. Pon is quite getting into the yoga classes.

No comments: