Friday 7 September 2007

Ben and Jenny in Good Form

Ben and Jenny are both in great form at the moment. They are so full of life and charm. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to say this is where I want to stop time. Just stay where we are now because everything is so good. The pair of them can leave me quite exhausted by the end of the day but I wouldn't have it any other way because they are so much fun.

Ben seems to be doing fine at school. He does not like going but not many kids do like school. His Thai, colouring and drawing have all greatly improved. My efforst to teach him English reading are also bearing some fruit. I try to find 10 or 15 miutes a day to do a bit of ABC with him. He can now identify most of the letters of the alphabet and read the first few pages of Peter and Jane. We have only been doing it for a month so I think that is good progress. My thinking is that if it takes a year before he can read books on his own then that will be good going.

Jenny is just full of character. She laughs and plays so easily. Her English has noticably improved over the last couple of months with her stringing little sentences together and making up her own phrases. She seems bright as a button and loves looking at books. If Pon and I haven't got time for her she will happily grab a picture book and start flicking through the pages.

Gil has been back since Saturday so we have met up for a couple of quiet nights out. We had a few drinks in Phuket Town last Sunday and last night we had a meal and went to the movies (Invasion - not bad but I think remakes always struggle to make the impact of the original). Tomorrow England play Israel at football. Gil is from Israel so it is an opportunity for a bit of friendly rivalry. We are going around his house for a little party to watch the game. It will be a change for Huwy and me to be on the same side against Gil.

No comments: